CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 16, 2008

Windows Live Writer

So I was blurking last night and I found gold. Yes I did. I am so excited I can hardly wait to share it! You are all going to LOVE it! It will change how you do blogging forever. You are going to have to come over from the comfort of Google Reader to appreciate it and this is something you are definitely going to want all your friends to see. Go on. Go get them and bring them back with you. I'll wait...

Welcome, Um, hello. Does this thing work? I would like to extend a welcome to all my visitors. Just calm down. I will be explaining it all just as soon as we can get some order around here. Ok, gather around. That's it. Um, let's see. We need to save room right here on the front row for all of my faithful readers and commenters.

Ok then. So. This is for all you bloggers who are tired of the limits that blogger puts in its post-creator-thingy or whatever it is called. Shellbell, I recall you telling me that you have to create your posts sdrawkcab in order to put your pictures in the right order. Well, do that no more my fine sister.

By the raise of hands, does anyone here hate inserting pictures (five or less at a time) and having to drag them where you want them in your post? Yes, Pip. This should help your "computer/scanning/blogging illiteracy induced headache."

How about not having any cutsie fonts available? I've hated that! I like to play with cute fonts!

Here are some features of this new cool tool.

  1. You can create your posts offline with the convenience of a word-like document and then post them.
  2. You can insert pictures where your cursor is and it only takes seconds, not hours!
  3. You can view your post in 4 different views! This means you can see how it will look before it is even published (unless you are private, I think). One of my favorite features.
  4. You can get other cool plug-ins to go with it like, well I am not sure yet. I have not gone that far with it. But the option is there!

Writer_OverviewBeach_Graphic

And all this will cost you...

...nothing except a nice thank-you comment. Thank you all for coming. Please come back soon. Have fun with this new tool and I expect to see lots more pictures and lots more posts. Go here to get the download. Good luck and let me know if you find any cool plug-ins.

(Now. How behind the times am I? I am probably the last to find such a cool thing and I didn't even know it. No, don't tell me. Just pretend I found it before you.)

13 comments:

cory and sharon said...

Awesome! I would like to add my testimony to Bon's. This is the best thing for blogging I've found so far. Thanks sis for sharing your new found knowledge with us.

Tamster said...

Sounds fabulous! However... I do not run windows on my Mac and will therefore be unable to use your new found knowledge. Thanks for sharing anyway! I'll have to see if anyone has made such a wonderful invention for Mac users. There probably is; I just have to find it... :-)

Tamster said...

By the way, what is blurking? Blog lurking? :-)

Tamster said...

I was just checking out that blog you linked to. She is hilarious! How did you find it? Fun stuff! She has a contest going on; all you have to do is leave a comment listing 3 mom sites you like to go to, and you'll be entered in the random drawing. I haven't done it yet, but I'll probably comment if I can figure out what to list. I guess I could list lds.org as one. Would that qualify as a mom site?
Anyway, thanks for sharing! :-)

Pineapple Princess said...

trying it. might have questions. nice find. may i be excused to go to the restroom? over.

kenandshaney said...

I love the new look!!!! I downloaded the writer last night but haven't played with it yet! I am so excited to dive into it!!!

Jonny and Alexis said...

Great find Bon! Thanks. I just downloaded it. Playing around during school... shhh don't tell the teacher, oh wait I am the teacher yay!

BonBon said...

Tami, sorry you can't use this without windows. Did you try? That lady I linked to is very funny. I quite enjoy her sense of humor. I will have to link to some of her really funny stuff.

Hope you are all enjoying this program. I sure am. Remember to share any cool things you are finding with it. I haven't had time to check out the plug-ins for it.

Anonymous said...

a nice thank you comment

Paul

Tamster said...

No, I didn't try it; I just read the system requirements, and it did not mention Mac at all. Plus the fact that it is called WINDOWS Live Writer kind of makes me think it is for Windows only. Thanks anyway! :-)

BonBon said...

Tami, I am sorry that this wont work for you. I tried to google a mac blog editor for you but didn't really find a free one. Darn Macs!!! JK

On another note. Here are some previews of what some of you have done with window live writer! Great job!

sb said...

Thank you! I didn't know about this either and am very excited because, well, I hate dealing with formatting in Blogger and thought I was the only one. Off to do the download...

terahreu said...

Okay, you are now my new BFF! Thanks so much. Windows Live Writer has saved me a TON of time. It used to take sooo long to download each photo, one by one. Now, one click, done!
I even had to call my husband - special - at work to tell him all about it!

Thanks again! I owe you!