CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday , Monday

I don't know if your house is like mine, but because of the keep the sabbath day holy thing my house is a disaster on Monday morning. Well it is a morning quite like this one that this post is founded on.

On Monday morning my list of chores that I have to have done before noon (so I can study) is longer than my right arm. It goes a little something like this:

6:30 a.m.-Get up and say personal prayers

6:55 a.m. (Yes it takes me that long to say prayers. Remember I come from a family of 10 kids and and a bundle of grandkids plus the in-law side that makes for more people than I can count to pray for.) -After prayers get the kids up for family prayers and scripture study(My kids beg me not to say the prayer as noted above my prayers can seem to run on and on.)

7:18-Chew my oldest daughter out as she is walking out the door because she forgot to put sugar in the oatmeal and she didn't even gather the laundry either! Add that to my to-do list.

7:19- Run down the road in my PJ's and slippers after my oldest child to tell her I am sorry for sending her out the door on such a sour note. "But you know," I say "when you get home you will have extra chores!" She's going to have a great day!

7:30-8:25-Follow the kids around with the "hearing aid" (my siblings and mother will know what that is) until all their jobs are done perfect and then take them to school.

8:30 -NOON-Wash dishes by hand, exercise, wash and hang out laundry, make bread, scrub bathrooms ( a big one today!), vacuum and dust (or dust then vacuum, I still haven't figured out which works best), sweep and mop, shower get dressed and do hair, plus a plethora of other small things too trivial to list.

So with a list like the above, I was a little frazzled when five minutes into doing dishes this morning the phone rings and it's my visiting teaching partner reminding me that we are VT at 10:00...
At the expense of exposing the Mrs. Hyde in me,
I will explain the thought process that followed. It went something like this. "Maybe she would understand if I explain that I have too much to do and back out, or I could act sick, or even better I could lie and say one of my kids was in the hospital. But then I remembered my partner doesn't have a car and that I promised to drive (and I don't want to go live with the devil).
So, instead of doing any of the chores on my list or lying to my partner, I am going to blog about how mad I am that my morning gets rearranged because I have to go VT instead of getting my house cleaned.
And the worst part about it is I wont even get the blessings for going because I whined about it. (I hope I am not going to get struck dead for posting this. The bishop doesn't know it yet but he is not looking forward to doing my funeral. ) See below post.

Update: You guys would laugh if you saw me post this reply and then look up to see how much time I had left to get in the shower and do my hair, only to realize I only had 3 minutes to get to my partners house! So with greasy hair, workout clothes on, sweaters on my teeth and morning breath that could kill, I ran out to the car and drove to my partners house wishing I had just lied to her and stayed home!

1 comment:

shauna said...

I have on my shoes and shirt, so I WILL comment ( I haven't brushed yet, it that okay)

Where oh where did we get our funny jeans/genes? Mine are size :0/, how about yours?

Hey, you forgot, you also have to prepare FHE. Maybe it shouldn't be inspired by your oldest daughter, maybe it should be "The BLESSINGS of visiting teaching WITH a smile on your face AND in your heart so that you can . . . "

Maybe you should have requested KZION to play "My teacher told me I should never tell a lie"

I hope the VT message is "I know my visiting teacher loves me because. . ." (I am not sure, I haven't done mine yet, my ward just got dissoved--does that count?)