CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Taking Candy From a Baby Twice?


OK. So I took candy from a baby, twice! in one day. It was pathetic. It happened like this...



I am in the bedroom studying and I decide to check on Brooklyn,
my 4-year-old (yes, she is still my baby). I found her playing in her room eating her third sucker for the day. While I was brain-slaving away, typing reports, she decides to sneak into the reward jar and help herself to her third sucker.

This normally wouldn't be a big deal, but the rule is that you can only have one sucker a day and I already turned my head with the second sucker. While I am not a big stickler to the rules, I decided that 3 is more than enough and I need to teach her a couple of lessons. So, I take the sucker away and watch pitifully as she throws herself onto the floor all the while trying to explain that she shouldn't sneak things while I am busy and that she knows she should only have one sucker...Bladda, Bladda, Bladda. The kicking gets harder and the crying more angry.

The overwhelming feeling of being a bully is starting to kick in, nevertheless, I need to stick to my guns right?


So I set the sucker down on the counter not wanting to throw it away and waste it. (I think this is where I was hoping she would be smarter by sneaking it again and hiding to finish it.)

So as I am checking my blog (that everyone reads but only the faithful one comments on) a little while later, sure enough she walks in with the sucker in her mouth...

Now, had she been a little smarter I wouldn't have had to take candy from a baby twice in one day!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is so much better if you just dont see it,(wink, wink)! YOu will learn.
Shellie

shauna said...

I'll bet she can't wait until Halloween when her mother will take it ALL away from her (not unlike her mother before her and her mother before her!)