CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

St George fun

Our little get-a-way

We stopped at a hotel in Beaver on the way down to St George...just for the fun of it.

I got to see an old friend from Cedar. I used to watch her little boy.
It was great to see them
.


This is what we woke up to before we left Beaver. It did not let up until after New Harmony.

So we went on a little vacation. Our main goal was to get out of the cold and snow get our eyes checked since it had been 3 years for some, and 7 for others. So off to supposed-to-be-sunny-but-was-rainy St George. Our appointment was not until Monday morning so we filled the weekend with my 2 brothers and their families.

Here are some highlights of the trip:

Saturday afternoon, my brother Paul took Jordan, Brandon and Megan on a 2-hour mule ride. I cannot really say where they went, I'm not sure I dared to ask. I said long ago I would never go anywhere with 2 certain brothers unless I was on my own two feet. They seem to have 9 lives and someday they may reach that 9th life and I don't want to be with them when they do. The funny thing is, the more reluctant you are, the more of a challenge you become to them to show you what a wimp you are a good time. It took all my bravery to let my kids leave with Paul. As they were riding away, I hear him inform everyone that if they fell off, they would have to get back on because he was not waiting for them to walk out... He is fearless. I am not. My kids are not... anymore. Was there a story? Yes there was a story. This was an adventure with uncle Paul. There is always a story.

Megan loves horses. She dreamed of this day when she could go down and ride uncle Paul's mules. She wanted it more than anything. She has not ridden them much, so I was reluctant to let her go with them. I grinned and bared it. And watched them ride off into the sunset. They were excited. Poor naive children. The incident went something like this.

As they were in some rough terrain Paul hears Megan say, "um, I think my saddle is loose." He looks back and sees Megan in the saddle on the mule's neck. Alarmed, he tells her to SLOWLY get off. But it was too late. At that instant Megan slid right over the mule's head and onto the ground. The mule was all tangled up in the saddle and jumped around until it came loose from his head and front legs.

Megan lived and even got back on. Will she go again? She says yes, but not on that mountain. She has officially been declared part cowboy! Thanks Paul for another adventure! I love hearing about them especially when there is a happy ending.


On the farm.


Saturday night, we took the kids to see Tooth Fairy. Super funny.

Sunday, we went to brother Mike's house and had a great time hanging out with his family and eating dinner and playing games. I was wishing we could have seen more of them, but that was it.

Monday was our appointments. Off to the eye doctor we went. And man, can I just say, that is one cool eye doctor! I am not just saying that because he is my brother. His place is amazing! His staff is very patient. Believe me, we tested their patience and they held up to the lot of us.

I knew there were 2 or 3 who really needed glasses and a couple others who could benefit from them, but I was not prepared to be told we all needed glasses. Bummer. Can you say flabberglassted?

Like always, the good times went too fast. I was sad to see it come to an end. It was a blast being with family! I am sure we will be back for more adventure before you know it.

3 comments:

Lacee DeG said...

Looks like SO much fun! (minus the driving in the snowstorm part..neverfun!) Hooray for the eye doctor!!

Abby said...

Yowsers! Thats a lot of glasses! At least you managed to have some fun before you found out!! I wish I was in St. George right now!!

DrGooch said...

Bunch of talented little mule-skinners ya got there Bon. Sure enjoyed your sweet family!