CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

oNcE uPoN a VERY LoNg TiMe aGo...



...there was this child princess



who lived in a castle on top of the world.


=




She lived a carefree life and she often danced around the nearby meadow with the butterflies and birds.



She had many animal friends, her favorite being a dog named Skyler.



This princess also had many wonderful sisters but none so fantastic as her favorite sister .



The princess and her sister could often be found with their make believe princes who would take them to their kingdoms far, far away. When the princess wanted to go back to the castle on top of the world, her favorite sister would insist on staying for one moment more.



Because this was her favorite sister, she couldn't help but oblige. In fact this act of peacemaking was often how the story would play out; when Favorite Princess Sister wanted something, the princess of this story gave it to her. NEVER the other way around. It is said around the land that this is where she grew her giving heart.



As she grew older, she was often found giving all she had to others who did not have. "Oh you want my wallet? Here take my car too." When it was noted that this was not enough, she gave them the key to her house as well.

This princess was blessed with a prince who was better than any of the princes of her imagination (Trust me. Favorite Princess Sister never liked them much. They were never good enough for her. Especially the one with dark hair that would never go away.)



The new queen and king moved out of the Castle on top of the World to a castle in a very hot land. They were soon (very soon) blessed with 4 very young and very handsome princes.





The king and princes are the love of her life and she gives them everything she has. The neighbors are also pretty special to her and they are often the recipients of her giving heart.

The strangers and robbers must also be pretty special to her as her home used to be open to them on many occasions. Favorite Sister has educated Queen that this is not a good idea and King has now stocked their house with many guns and swords, and uzzies, and hand grenades with lots of shrapnel, and tear gas, and pellet guns, and alarm systems (the cops have been training and they can be to her house in 0.6 seconds), and dead bolts, (they used to have a ferocious dog but he was too dangerous even to the family) and her giving heart will not give any of it to you, even if you ask.

That part of the story being told, I will now tell you the rest of the story...

This is the princess-turned-queen's birthday and she does not know it yet, but she is NOT getting the trip to Hawaii that she asked Favorite Sister for, nor is she getting the suburban that would fit her growing family in, or the castle on top of the world (as that is Favorite Sister's right now and if you remember from the story that Favorite Sister does not have a giving heart), or any of the five kids of Favorite Sister as per above and also because they are ungivable (unless she dies from shrapnel wounds in the middle of the night when she is staying at her house). Favorite Sister does not know what Queen is getting for her 38th birthday, but she REALLY hopes she has the best birthday ever. She CAN give her that (and the three hours of precious Saturday morning time that it took to write this post. Every minute of it worth it!)!

hApPy BiRtHdAy Older-Sister-Than-Me! (The older part NOT being a good thing!)

He-he- he, ho-ho-ho, yadda-yadda-yadda, yo-yo-yo! (ok, I now turn the time over to birthday girl!)

16 comments:

shauna said...

That was darling! What a great gift (3 Saturday morning hours equals 1 suburban or castle for sure!)

Happy birthday SIS.

From one Princess to another, my birthday gift to you--- I pardon you for the crime of crashing my unisured car while I was in Hawaii.
I'm still so glad that you were ok.

Love you.

HuckFinnsMom said...

Happy birthday princess Sharon. Your favorite princess sister was brave to put up her photo, that smile was unforgettable!! What a cute birthday tribute bon-bon- you are some kind of creative.

Love you Sharon!!!
Shellie

HuckFinnsMom said...

By the way, did anyone think the picture of bonbon was Laura Ingalls? I did a double take!

Iditadad said...

Oh, Sharebear, our princess dear, as Grandma P. would say, "So, you are now nigh onto 40." We love you, but I can't believe you could possibly be 38! Love WoW That has to mean that I am older than 39.

Tamster said...

I didn't think it until you said something, Shell, but I can see it!

Happy Birthday, Queen Sharon!

Just so everyone knows, Jeremy was first this morning--first to call AND first to post a birthday tribute, so I hope you all checked his out too! :-)

This was very cute and creative as usual, Bon!

We love you, Sharebear! Have a wonderful birthday! :-)

(P.S. I want to hear more about the car crashing while in Hawaii story. Oh, and I don't know whether anyone else noticed Bonnie's typo., but seeing as Sharon and I were born the same year I'm a little defensive about her possibly intentional error! :-) Bon?)

Bonnie said...

There'll be no making fun of BonBon on my blog. Sharebear may have to take you down! And that was not a smile. The sun was in my eyes. My teeth sure were big though weren't they? I keep wondering how they shrunk so small!

Jerbear, congratulations for winning the race on both accounts.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the braces mom and dad!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

BonBon! Oh my......must be the carrott juice that gave you all that creativity. Or the goat milk. We drank from the same motha! But look what you got!

That was awesome, makes me want to be Sharbear! Makes me wish I was related. Oh wait! I am! I am her favorite sister, I just know it.

Roxanne said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!! I always love birthday stories. YOUR BOYS LOOK SO CUTE
LOVE ROXANNE ROB'S SISTER

Bonnie said...

Roxanne, those boys are cute aren't they!

Here at home said...

I'm still trying to figure out who the favorite sister is and who the princess is you are all talking about. :)
Thanks Bon for the fun, creative birthday blog. I say, that was quite daring of you to put that incriminating picture of you up.
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. It means a lot. I love you all so much and am so grateful to be a part of this fmaily. I have the best in the whole world. Thanks Roxanne, I think I have the cutest boys in the whole world. You are considered part of the fam., too.

Here at home said...

I really have been to that castle. It's great.
I got that giving heart from Dad, you know. He was the one bringing strangers home all the time. We never had to lock our doors at our castle on top of the world, so I guess it took some hard lessons to learn to LOCK UP good.

Here at home said...

Oh yea, Shauna, Thanks for the pardon. Finally, after all these years. I owe you a debt of gratitude.
I did catch that typo, too, Tami. We are only 30, right?
Bon, You are my fav. sister named Bertha that anyone could ever have.
And Wendy, and Shauna, and Shellie, and Susie, and Amberlee.

Tamster said...

No, Sharebear! I'm only 29! Your birthday's first, remember!?! :-)

Cindy said...

Bonnie you are so creative!

Sharon... Happy Birthday Princess!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Habby b-day sorry i forgot to tell cindy about your party and then I spaced it off. I have been working so many hours lately.

Good job bonnie.

Mike